Thursday, February 11, 2010

it's a beautiful day in dallas

Snow is one of my very favorite things in this whole world. It is so beautiful and magical and makes everything feel fresh and new. I love how clean the air smells during and after snow falls and watching the little snow flakes fall from tke sky is so peaceful for me. I decided to give myself a "snow day" today. Some of the schools and businesses around here are closed (my school wasn't one of them) as we are expecting about 10 inches of snow today, but instead of running around like crazy, trying to be productive in the snow and ice and nervously driving around town I decided to just stay in my PJ's, take an online test for my Religion class that is due next week and just veg! Rocky and I have been out twice now since about 7:00 AM to play in the snow and take some pictures and just enjoy it-- it doesn't come very often in Dallas but when it does I am a VERY happy girl. It started snowing this morning around 4:00 AM and has not quit! The snow is coming down in bunches and I have all of the window shades up just enjoying it. Here are a few of the pictures I took this morning... all taken with my iPhone as it is the best camera I have right now :)

Enjoy!


Even the iPhone picture looks better with snow!






Rocky paws :)


Not my best picture, but hey it was only 7AM! (and yes, I was freezing!)


Where's Rocky [Waldo] ?



I'm off to bundle up and go take some more pictures-- the snow fall has probably doubled since these were taken!

1 comment: