Tuesday, September 8, 2009

backpeddling

We took Sunny to the vet on Saturday for another check up. Things didn't go as well as we expected them to... the vet wasn't happy with her progress, even though her cough/ breathing was a tiny bit better it wasn't anywhere where it should be after being on strong anti-biotics for 14 days. So, we had to get chest x-rays done (expensive!)-- they showed some fluid like stuff in the upper part of the lungs (As you can tell I have no idea about medical verbage)- which isn't a good sign. Also, since she's so little the anti-biotics threw her PH levels off (or something like that) so she had a YEAST INFECTION OF THE EARS! Seriously! It was sad, but I told her that she is never going to live that down in this house. Haha-- Anyway, that is easily treatable with ear drops for the next week or two. So, this is day 3 of her new meds. Her mood seems a little lighter- and this morning/ afternoon seemed MUCH more playful, chasing after Rocky and picking up and throwing cigarette butts around outside of the apartment (classy)... J made a joke in the vets office after her chest x-rays about how she needed to stop smoking all those cigarettes... doc wasn't really impressed. I laughed.

We're really trying to stay positive in the Sabel- WIlson household. We go back on Saturday for another follow up exam and to see where we go from here... there aren't any stronger antibiotics for her current condition, so we'd have to go on to something else... some form of lung therapy or flush something or other... really hoping we don't have to go down that road...

On a positive note, we were at the Jacobs wedding all weekend (Non-rehearsal rehearsal dinner on Saturday- which meant Billy Bobs and lots of booze- and the nuptials on Sunday) . It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and so well thought out down to the tiniest details. Me being always so prepared and all, remembered to bring my camera, but forgot the battery charger at home, so sadly the only two pictures I got were of the two cakes-- they were completely iPhone worthy of capturing though... Once other peoples pictures start trickling onto Facebook I'll try and post a few. Congrats to Allie and Mark who are in Canada on their Honeymoon right now. Luuuucky!

Anyway, let's get back to the glass being half empty ok? Thursday, I have my first TWO tests at school in History and Psych. Both HUGE as far as points go, so I'll be glued to my computer/ books/ notes/ etc. until then... I swear I won't be procrastinating with Blogging or anything...

Oh, and Happy Labor Day to all! In celebration, I will be starting a new section on the blog entitled "White pants (and such) after Labor Day"-- I saw TWO at lovely Brookhaven College today, and although I wish I was joking, I think one was even a linen material of sorts (go back to miami guy!) Do you think people are that completely clueless or just purposely trying to rebel? Stay tuned.

-kb

No comments:

Post a Comment